my daughter and i are both sick, if i'm breastfeeding can we both take tylenol?

or should i not take any if she is taking a dose? 9months old

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As far as I know you both can take the tylenol. I don't think it transfers into your milk,
    MamaNata

Answer by MamaNata at 10:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You can both take it, Tylenol is one of those safe-to-take meds.. feel better soon :(
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You can both take it. I was told it was ok and did it with both of my kids if we were both sick at the same time.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My husband says he would advise me not to do it. He was a military medic and EMT for years. Not a doctor but I take his advice :-)
    Tylenol is difficult to process. If it was us, I would take motrin and give the baby the tylenol.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm sure these ladies or 100% correct, but just to be sure, I'd call a nurse line. I don't know much about BF, but I remember a mom in our clinic who would occasionally down a six pack WHILE BF her baby, but couldn't understand why the baby was getting so fussy after those feedings. It was because she was transferring the beer to her baby...IDK if it were me I'd @ least ask.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• A sixpack and a bit of Tylenol are two VERY different things. Getting blotto is not recommended...well, at ANY time let alone while breastfeeding!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2010