I have had it already!!!!

Okay this has been an ongoing issue in my marriage. But recently it has gotten to the extreme. everyone knows the MIL law issue in all marriages. Well recently my mil got a highchair for my daughter to keep at her house, now mind you my daughter only sees her once a month an NEVER spends ANY time overnight there. So when i go to look at the highchair its not even new, its used!!! and ther are no straps to hold my daughter in. so i told my husband that next time we go over there i did not want her in the chair because i didnt feel it was safe. he made a big deal about saying that all i do is complain about his mom.

We recently went over there and his mom was ready to put my baby in the chair and he said nothing to her. Now mind you whenever my parents do something that bothers him or interferes with the raising of our daughter i tell my mom right away. Does anyone think I should say something to my MIL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• yes, there is nothing more important than the safety of your child and I wouldnt put up with it either!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• it sounds to me like you are finding the littlest reasons to fight with her. i would not say anything....
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Next time you are at your MIL I would kindly say to her, "I prefer to have straps for the high chair, it is so easy for the baby to slip out" don't be rude just say it with concern.
    happymommyofTJ

Answer by happymommyofTJ at 3:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree with babykins. this is sort of ridiculous. OMG a used baby chair with no seat belt!! Your MIL must really hate your baby. please...
    Anonymous

• Ummmmm just the fact on saying "it's used!!!" can you say spoiled brat??? You said yourself that she is rarley over there and never spends any overnite time there...... Sooo we are talking like a half hour in the used high chair a month? come on....... I have 3 going on four kids and I dont think iv ever used the straps on my high chair and have never had an accident. I agree with one of the postes above I think you are just looking for a reason to gripe about the mommy in law!!!! Sorry
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Since it's not going to be used much I see nothing wrong with it being used ;however, I would take over a belt to strap her in for safety reasons.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You don't mention your baby's age. If he or she cannot sit upright very well, bring some sort of harness over with you that you can use to strap him or her in. Maybe she got sticker shock when she shopped for them or maybe someone offered it to her for free, as a hand-me-down. If she is very old, she may not even know high chairs come with straps these days. I would just bring some straps with me.
    texann

Answer by texann at 4:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think your nit-picking. Use a piece of long fabric or a scarf and tie her in securely! I get the feeling you really meant, "I wish she'd have bought me a new highchair for my house, not a used one for her house."
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• with the above answer I HAVE A BRAND NEW high chair for my daughter. in fact EVERYTHING i have or had was bought COMPLETELY new. my mil never has or will buy anything practical for my child and i dont depend on it. my whole point is if she is gonna buy something then buy it new. all of the answers stating that im nit picking u wouldnt feel that way if it was your childs well being. Sorry Im not willing to go the cheap route for things for my child!! and i dont expect anyone else to ESPECIALLY if it is a grandparent!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• again can you say spoiled brat!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2008