What the heck is going on?

Three days ago I woke up and my left shoulder was huritng pretty bad. I thought maybe I was just sleeping on it wrong. But the pain is still there and is getting worse. It hurst so bad. It is slightly swollen and I can't bear to touch it. I took some tylenol a little while ago, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also put an ice pack on it and that helped a little until I took it off. What is wrong with me?

FranksHoney

Asked by FranksHoney at 10:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• maybe a displaced muscle. a chiropractor may be a good idea.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Are you having any other seemingly unrelated symptoms? Any thing with your stomach? Or Bowels?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If you can't bear to touch it, you should go to the doctor. Tomorrow.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 10:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes, I believe a doctor is in order as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If I have to use my left arm, the pain gets so intense it makes me nauseous.
    FranksHoney

Comment by FranksHoney (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I heard about shoulder pain being caused by gallbladder problems, so that is why I was asking, but when I looked it up, it says that the pain occurs on the right side not the left, like you describe.

http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/back-pain-under-the-right-shoulder-blade.html

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Hope you find some relief!
    SleepingBeautee

• Thanks! I hope so too. I NEVER go to the Dr, but I think I will for this. I can't take it anymore...
    FranksHoney

Comment by FranksHoney (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Have you picked up anything in an awkward position lately? Reaching to far for something can also trigger shoulder pain. Try an anti-inflammatory like advil or alleve. If it doesn't get any better in a week, call a doctor. Also, After a couple of days, try rotating heat and ice.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If it's been at least 3 days and is still swollen, tender to touch, and really sore, I'd be getting to a doctor first thing. Sounds like it may be injured in some fashion. Best not to let it go too long! Hope it's not too bad for ya and healing time is quick though!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010