How do I figure out if they like me or not??

About a week ago, I made plans to meet up with some other CafeMom members that live near me. At first I was only going to meet up with one, but then at the last minute she asked another mom from the site to tag along..No biggie....well, I know I was meeting both of them for the first time but they seemed kinda gossipy around me. I felt like I was the outsider the whole time and was not a part of their conversations. Then yesterday my DD had her birthday party and I invited both moms to come. The same thing happens. I was trying to introduce them to my family and friends and I was kinda ignored again.....Usually if you dont like somebody, I didnt think you would come to their party, but I dont know what to say or do. It was kinda rude I think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• I think there is a difference between them liking or not liking you and their behavior being inappropriate (rude). I agree that they were rude. Maybe you can invite them to lunch one at a time instead of together and get them to know you. They have obviously bonded. You can't stop that but they need to give you time to bond as well. Try it on an individual basis and see if that makes it clear if they like you or not.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Sometimes people dont know they are being rude. Maybe you should just try and throw yourself in there. Show them who you are. Start the conversation up so the attention is on you. And if they are already in one dont be shy and affraid to just jump into in like i already said. And if they still dont seem like they care and still seem rude then drop them and find new people to hang out with. You dont need to be around people that just make you feel inferior and unwanted.
    chy821

Answer by chy821 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Gossipy.......uum, leave them alone. Find new women. One at a time.........
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• They probably aren't aware of it and would be shocked if they knew you felt that way. I wouldn't bring it to their attention though. I don't think it's worth your time anymore. Look for other "friends" and keep the ones who don't make you wonder.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I agree with tolduno
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2008