Tummy issues and labor

I am 37 weeks and have had mild, menstrual like cramps for a few days now. In addition to the cramps, I've had some gastrointestinal upset. To put it bluntly: diarrhea, a constant gurgely stomach, and nausea (without vomiting). Could this be a sign that labor is near, or do you think I just have a stomach bug?

LuvMySavage

Asked by LuvMySavage at 11:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's normally a sign for baby's on it's way- getting your body all flushed out and ready :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It could be a sign of labor for some women. However, I did not experience this with either one of my children's birth. If you were me, I would contact my doctor and ask about my symptoms.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a doctors apt. tomorrow and will definitely ask. I will prob. be checked for dilation anyway. just curious about what other women had to say.
    LuvMySavage

Comment by LuvMySavage (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sounds like you'll be delivering soon! We see this A LOT in clinic...menstrual cramps eventually move to timed contractions. Your GI symptoms are usually hand-in-hand with labor. Good luck mama; I'm totally jealous :)
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I felt the same way... I heard diarrhea is a sign that your body was cleaning itself out for labor.... I had my son at 37 weeks 2 days! Good luck! and I hope you have your baby soon!!! :)
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Id say your body is preparing :) Get that hospital bag packed mama :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2010