really how do you know if who your meeting is good or bad?

with all the crazy stuff going on in this world how do you know if you can trust someone....like I am single and trying to meet new people but how bad this world is how can you even meet anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There's really no way to honestly tell without putting yourself on the line. The best way to learn anything about someone is to spend time with that person and figure it out for yourself. If you search hard enough online, I'm sure you can find little "scenarios" to set up that can show you a little about the person, (how sensitive, how considerate, how desperate for attention, etc.) without the person actually knowing you're testing them... I always bring a new person (beit prior boyfriends, my DH, new friends) out to my parents' house to introduce them. I know my family is neutral and doesn't really give two shakes about whether or not they see my friends again, but are equally cordial to all, so I can test sociability and overall friendliness... among a few other things.

Just go out. Meet at a place you are already comfortable in. Next, let the new person put you in a place they are comfortable in that you may not have
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• tried on your own. Do NOT compromise on your standards or morals, for any reason. Not only is it bothersome to you, but the other person will pick up on it and may chalk you up on the "desperate" list, or the "followers" list, or the list of "those who don't know who they are." and determine that you are otherwise incapable of setting standards.

Chin up. Just be you, and go DO something. You'll do great!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Instinct.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010