baby hates being changed?

my newborn just screams when he gets changed....any 1 else have this problem?

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 11:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They are nice and warm and then you take their clothes off to change them. Do you have a heating pad on your changing table? That always helped us!! Good Luck!
    Billie_Bush

Answer by Billie_Bush at 11:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sometimes. It's been a long time since I had to change a diaper but when I do I try to entertain with peek-a-boo or talking funny or something along those lines.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yes.

I used to do as much as I could ahead and then rush through Like I'd open the diaper, pull up the wipes, take the top off the ointment if I was using it.

Also I found that the night dresses helped a lot. (the ones that just have an elastic bottom. We used to call them baby bags.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My son will be 2 in September...and some days he is perfectly fine with being changed and other days he is a MONSTER about it!! I usually try to give him something to distract him...but sometimes he will NOT have it (especially when he has poop) so i just have to throw my leg over him to pin him down (gently..lol) and change him while he screams at me...
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• what baby likes being changed?? LOL newborns are the hardest though, especially the boys!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My son hated it when he was a newborn... He didn't like being undressed and he for sure didn't like the cold air on his little pee pee. LOL it doesn't last very long... they just gotta get used too it.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My daughter hated it as a newborn. After a few weeks, she didn't mind it as much.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Newborns usually don't like being naked. I asked my ped about it when my son was a newborn and she said it is normal, they outgrow it. Suddenly being naked=suddenly being cold=sad baby. They get over it and want to take the diaper off themselves soon enough. :P
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 12:09 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Some babies don't like it. However, is it possible she has a small rash?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2010