Would you pay or skip it?

My birthday is next month and we are renting a vaction rental for two nights, we will be spending a lot of money on this trip. Would you be okay with asking your friends to pay the extra $25.00 a night per person fee? We plan on providing the food and alcohol, but don't want to pay the extra on top of it for guests. I really want my friends to be able to come and enjoy the vacation with me, but that would be at least $300 dollars more than I wanted to spend. What is your opinion? Would you want to come stay and pay $25.-$50. for your own room, with access to hot tub and other things. Or would you skip it due to the fee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Travel

• I would most definitely ask them to pay! They are really getting a deal out of this!! =) When we take friends along for b-day dinners we all have the "pay for yourself" rule so not to overwhelm others. Not to mention, this is your birthday so they should pitch in! Have fun!!
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 2:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If you have already invited them and not mentioned them paying then I wouldn't ask now but if you are telling them about the money when you are inviting them I don't see a problem with that.
    jiara1

Answer by jiara1 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• if they were good friends they will understand, then if they are really good freinds they would pitchin a little more.
    mommawombat

Answer by mommawombat at 12:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i would, it's still cheaper then anything else out there would be as far as a vacation. i wouldn't be offended if my friends asked. it's better to ask then suffer the hardship of money and you being able to enjoy your time.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I look at this way you are inviting friends with a price tag of $25-$50. Then they are supposed to get you a gift too? If you invite then you should pay the full tab.
    Anonymous