should you reach out to a nephew's mother when she doesn't make an effort

tiamawina

Asked by tiamawina at 12:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• yes..plant seeds now. they may grow later. Its better than not doing anything.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• it depends on what no effort means.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thank you for that. my concern is that how do you tell a child about "mami" when all they experience is"tia". and she is living a very seemingly happy life with a new baby and baby daddy..... can she just jump in and out of his life she's only seen him 2x in 4 yrs? am i letting my own feelings get in the way???
    tiamawina

Comment by tiamawina (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No effort to "me" means not calling him and talking to him. he is very engaging... will tell you what he had for lunch and what he did last weekend..... he talks to everyone else... call him, talk to him you will learn who he is and he will recognize who you are so that some day you are not a complete stranger.
    tiamawina

Comment by tiamawina (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Do you have custody? If so, let it go. If not,get custody.
    I have custody of my niece. Her mother has gone on to have more children. She has no part of my DD's life. My DD does not know her or about her. We see her at family get togethers, and thats it. She doesnt have the nerve to talk to us or DD. I like it that way. If she ever tries to tell my DD anything, then we will stop going. But she isnt THAT stupid so I have no worries.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010