Not happy anymore

I stay at home to take care of our baby and all he does is want me home, which is okay from time to time. Last night I went out to dinner with friends and my sister, which involved going out a half hour away so she can pick up her niece from college to eat with us. My SO told me I need to come home now so I can feed the baby(so why can't he do it himself?) So when I got home, he was nasty. My family friend and her niece stopped by to see the baby and he didn't say hi or anything. I thought that was so rude. All night, he was quiet and kind of nasty.

On top of it, he gives me this bitchy attitude if I ask for money, which is necessary considering I can't work. I want out so bad. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• wow my sister is in that same situation and I want her out of it. She does everything with the kids and its still not good enough. and if you got out of this relationship im sure you would have good health care and what not since you would be a single mother
    Anonymous

• He's rude to my family and friends. He walked out during dinner to talk to a friend on the phone. I just don't like him much anymore.
    Anonymous

• I would first recommend you sit down with him and have a heart to heart. Remember you leaving not only affects you but your child too. If he is unwilling to help and change then leave. Make arrangements to stay with your family until you can get on your feet with a job. It's not easy being a single parent but it is doable. I have 3 and was a single parent for most of their preteen lives. I went to school full time, worked full time and was home every night by 6 with my kids. It is hard but it can be done with will power. Include your family in your decision that gives you a good support system. You will need it. Good Luck
    kelleymagee

Answer by kelleymagee at 2:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am sorry to hear that. My hubby does some similar things. Except I work full time. Like I will be busy doing something and he tells me that she needs her diaper changed. So change it! He's called me while I'm at the grocery store telling me that she's fussy and I need to come home now. He will only let me go out when she is asleep. And he's a yeller. I hate it. A lot of times I want to leave him. Do you speak your mind to him about it? I do and sometimes it gets better. It always a fight before he will act a little better though. I'm not liking my marriage too much right now either. I don’t know what to do.
    Anonymous

• He's as much, if not more, of a child than our 4 month old son.
    Anonymous

• you can get support form the state and they may even help you with "start up money" to help you get into a place. you can also , look for someone who wants a room mate. you and the baby can shre a room for a bit till you get on our feet. or maybe someone has a room you can stay in. Do you have a church family. I know mine are priceless.
    Sherry6470

Answer by Sherry6470 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My SO tries to convince me to get on welfare and I know its a catch so he doesn't have to give money.
    Anonymous