Carseat??

My son is 6 months old... He is in his infant carseat right now and I was wondering he could move to a convertiable carseat... He is so long for his infant one... He is about 27/28 inches long and very skinny about 16lbs or 17lbs.

K-RydesMommy

Asked by K-RydesMommy at 12:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was very long too, but he had to be rear facing until 1-year-old.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would ask your Pediatrician.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I believe they need to stay rear-facing until they are at least 1 year old AND weigh at least 20 lbs. You can get the convertible one, just make sure he stays rear facing. But I agree with the PP, always a good idea to ask your ped.

JookyMama

Answer by JookyMama at 1:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• He still needs to be rear facing but as long as the convertible you get does rear facing it should be just fine. I was thinking about switching to one like that just because we don't carry dd around in her infant seat and she doesn't need it in the stroller any more.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes you can switch as long as the car seat rear facing until age one!! My kids both out grew the "bucket" at about 6 month or so.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes. Many convertibles hold infants from 19 inches and 5 pounds. It would be perfectly fine :) My son moved at 7 months old cause he was 28 inches and the seat only went to 29. He loved his new seat. Please just remember to check the specs of the convertible you are buying to make sure it can carry him :) Which it should. And remember, the law says he has to be rear facing till one and 20lbs. but the recommendation from the AAP states that they should rear face until atleast 2 and 30lb. And they are trying to pass that as the new law :) Good luck :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, as long as he is within the weight limits for the convertible, you can move him. Remember to remain RF to at least 12 mos and 20 lbs, and know that it's safer and recommended to stay RF even longer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have my almost five month old ina convertible car seat. He is very long also, and seems MUCH more comfortable. Just be sure to keep the seat rearvfacing. :)
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010