Christians? Can you reccomend some books on being a better wife or having a better marriage?

I'll flat out be honest. I am NOT your wife like the bible intends us to be (which is suppose to help the husbands grow closer to God and all that stuff) and my marriage is blah...I'm a young christian and wife so you probally remember those naive days!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really liked the book Finding the Hero in My Husband by Dr. Julianna Slattery. It really changed my perceptions on marriage, my husband, etc.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 2:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Try "the Truth about the Family"
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The 10 Commandments of Marriage by Ed Young is good. It's funny too, so it's not a totally drag to get through. In fact, chapter one is called "Thou Shalt Not Be A Selfish Pig". LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I really like.. The Power of a praying wife by Stormie OMartian. I believe strongly in prayer and praying for my husband but sometime fall short of what to pray for (other than CHANGE HIM!!!!) lol. This book gives prayer after prayer and you just substitute your husbands name. It helped me and I refer to it when I need to pray for him and don't really feel like it. (smile) Good luck and good praying to you.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Love, love, love the book "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs. I went to his conference and man, did I a wake up call (and so did my husband).
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 3:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm not a Christian, and neither is my husband. But I would still like to recommend a book I found very helpful as a young wife. It is called "Surrendering to Marriage" by Iris Krasnow. I found it an insightful guide to putting someone else's wants and needs on equal footing with my own.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 5:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• the proper care and feeding of husbands
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You don't need a book to tell you how to be a good wife. As long as you respect each other and remember that marriage is a partnership you will be fine.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I personally love Marriage On the Rock by Jimmy & Karen Evans. They also have a wesite: Marriage Today.

mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 7:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Marraige on the Rock,power of a praying wife, Excellent wife, A woman after god's own heart.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008