how many of you hate city taxes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No on likes taxes be it sale, city, state, or federal
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I hate them too!
    Anonymous

• I think the city has to pay for things like lights and pothole fixing and police etc. I don't mind paying the taxes, but those things better be taken care of!
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I love Wyoming! No sales tax on groceries and NO state income tax!! Because of that, other taxes don't bother me as much anymore.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• no one likes paying taxes. but if you like having cops and fire departments, a library, a recreation and parks dept etc you have to accept it's a part of life.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I hate them because in VA Beach, they mostly go towards developers and big hotels.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Tax money is being abused by its handlers with false promises of more first responders, more schools, better roads, etc....When my kid comes home with a paper from his public school asking for donations of paper and ink cartridges I'm wondering what the heck is going on wrong here? Where is all of this tax money going?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Depends on what city . Philadelphia is 4.6% to work in the city. add to that the local you pay for living outside the city
    rag33

Answer by rag33 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would rather pay the local taxes because you can where they are going more. Federal taxes annoy me. But then again, I just paid another $100 to my city so I could then register my car for the year!
    SandyP0626

Answer by SandyP0626 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Everyone is always complaining about paying taxes. How do you expect a society to function, provide you with basic needs such as fire rescue, street lights, law enforcement, parks, roads, public schools (no matter how lacking they are, at least we have them)?... it's endless what we take for granted. You want it all at little or no price to you. No other successfully run country in the world has citizens that bitch about taxes as much as Americans do.
    And of course there's corruption! Show me any group with any power or control over money, and I'll show you corruption.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 10:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2008