welfare

How do you get on welfare????? I really dont want to work the next couple of years it is the same as food stampss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I might get some tomatoes thrown at me for saying this, but...

If you don't want to work for the next couple of years, you need to plan for that by budgeting and saving. Work extra hard now (extra hours, get another job) and don't quit until you can support yourself.

Welfare isn't for people who just feel like taking a break.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 2:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You don't want to work? Honey that's not what welfare or TANF is for... and if you do get approved for it, you're only allowed 5 years worth (60 months) for your entire life..... and one of the requirements is that you look for work (including not turning down work offered to you) or you get penalized I wouldn't be trying to waste it now, just because you don't WANT to work. If you can't afford to not work, then you have no choice.... TANF is not set up for people that aren't working because they don't want to.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i completly agree with the top two thats just lazy!
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I just never really liked working. My parents gave me money all the time. Now there not. I just would rather finish up school ( two years left) and get free money. Then work like 4 years from now.
    Anonymous

• You have got to be kidding! Welfare is for those who cannot afford to support their families while working or trying to find a job. FYI it is not a walk in the park!

Girl, I am off of work on disability right now because of pregnancy related complications. I have only been off for a little over a month and I can't wait for the day I can return to work and sadly that wont be until April. I could even probably qualify for some welfare program since I am only earning 66% of my normal income but I won't make others work to pay for my problem.

Welfare is great for those who use it correctly since most people get in a rut sometime in their life and need help. What I have seen in most people though is that it is not a picnic and they don't enjoy it.

Why do you want to be so lazy?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• So, because YOU don't like working, I should take my license, work full time for a decent wage so that I can have my taxes pay your way? I am sorry, Welfare is for people who are in hardship and need just a little bit to help get them through, not for spoiled lazy kids who just " don't like working".
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• cant you get a part time job? How old are you? Just because your in college ( i assume) doesnt mean you cant work. Where are you living now? surley not on your own. Dont be lazy and get a job. Welfare isnt for lazies who dont want to work. Dont abuse the government!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry - it's not free money. It comes from people who are working paying taxes. I'm currently getting food stamps, and you've just offended me. See, I got laid off at the end of May. I JUST got food stamps last month b/c even though I send out at least 5 resumes a week, I haven't found a job yet, and my savings are almost gone. I wouldn't apply for benefits until now b/c I didn't want to feel like I was sponging off anyone, but I have to to be able to feed my kids. The fact that you just don't want to work and so you want everyone else to support you is just insulting.
    Anonymous

• who does like working? lol its called life...
    pinkpanther28

Answer by pinkpanther28 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• you sound like a seriously lazy person, who needs a real wakeup call
    Anonymous