Meal ideas...

I have a 9 1/2 month old daughter and she is just starting to eat table food. She is just starting to get teeth (had her first one break through about a week ago). I am just trying to figure out what I can give her to eat. So far she's had chicken nuggets, kix, pears, banana's, tator tots, gram crackers. I'm trying to figure out what other meats and veggies I can give her.

schunmom

Asked by schunmom at 2:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Mashed Potatoes.
    Sweet Potatoes.

Those where the two that automatically came to mind. My boys loved both of these!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I suggest mashed potatoes. My mom did it with me and it worked out fine, especially at night before bed. Potatoes are starchy and keep them feeling full and can work as a comfort food. You dont have to add too much salt or butter. It will also give her gums a break from all the pressure of teeth coming in and hard foods
    GeishaTatMama66

Answer by GeishaTatMama66 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• cooked carrots... add a lil brown sugar and butter after they are cooked,,
    sauage links are usally soft enough.. i had microwaved them
    popsicles to help the teething (without the stick)
    green beans. peas
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• When my daughter was that age, we fed her pretty much whatever we were eating that was on the softer side. Mashed potatoes, cooked vegetables, etc
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have an 11 month old. We've been doing most of these foods for a couple months:

Bananas, Peaches, Gerber dicedapples, melon, green beans, tomato, avacado ,cooked carrots, sweet potato, potato, hasbrowns, rice, shredded cheese or small cheese cubes, Gerber pasta pick ups, gerber graduates meals- these are both great to take to restaurants and have the staff heat up., hamburger in small pieces, gerber chicken stix, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese sandwich, french toast, pancakes, little pieces of lunch meat, cheese tortilla roll ups, cheese enchiladas, soft broccoli, pasta roni, cut up lasagna, spaghetti o's, scrambled eggs - you're only supposed to do the yolk until they are 1 yr old. , toast, Canned mandarin, any type pasta he can pick up,

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Cont.........

Also, you don't need to add any salt, butter or sugar to anything. She doesn't need it and doesn't know that she's missing it. When she does start to use these things to enhance food, less will be more for her and could prevent health problems down the road.

Try to give her a variety on her tray. I try to give my son at least 3 or 4 different things at once. When we do Tacos, I give him a tortilla roll up, taco meat, cheese, avacado, tomato pieces and rice. He eats it all and loves it. By giving them so many things, they aren't becoming dependant on the same foods all the time and you will have a good little eater! Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008