Do you think working moms are "Part Time Mothers?"

I just have to know - have you ever told your SO/DH that HE IS A PART-TIME father? Just curious. I'd like to know his reaction to that......

So are you going to answer? Anybody? Anybody that believes a parent that works is a part-time parent - have you informed the man in your life that works SO VERY HARD to be able to afford you to be able to stay home with your children - HAVE YOU TOLD HIM THAT YOU THINK HE'S A PART-TIME FATHER? TO HIS FACE? DID HE ACCEPT IT?

I really hope nobody answers YES to this. WHY? Because you'd probably make your husband feel like a total piece of CRAP if you did tell him that. Like all the work he's doing is worth NOTHING to you... So if you can't say it TO HIM - why say it about WOMEN?

Fawn80

Asked by Fawn80 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• i always felt like i was a part time mom when i was working..i would never say that to anyone or even think that about someone but i totally felt like thats what i was
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 2:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I work full time, and yes, sometimes I feel like a part time mother. My SO works 3 12 hour shifts a week, and so is home with our LO much more than I am. Would I EVER tell him he was a part time father? No, not even if was working 5 8 hour shifts like I do. Working is a part of supporting your family, and you should never be looked down upon for it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I work full time - but in no way am I a Part-Time parent. I've been a SAHM, also, but never considered those who work as being part-time parents. I am fully and completely involved with every aspect of my children's lives. I just don't see how some people can classify working mothers as "part-time" mothers - do they then consider their husbands part-time fathers??
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• why would someone say working moms are part time moms?that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard!!!!!! (if anything they are overtime moms!) i am a SAHM right now, i admire the working moms, they have it hard,they still have to do everything we do, PLUS go to work. i would never say that to my childrens father,bringing home the bacon is just as important as frying it up in a pan! we are a team--we are parents-equal!
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am extremely greatful that my husband works full-time, and that allows me to work part-time so that at least one of us is able to spend more time with our baby. Parenting is team-work and no one ever said that responsibilities would be able to be split identically!
    RhiShortRhi

Answer by RhiShortRhi at 3:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I work part time but I'm a full time mother, I only work while my kids are at school but I am lucky enough to have a job where if my kids need me I can be there and no I would never tell my husband he is only a part time father.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I, too, have worked outside the home and been a SAHM. My personal experience is that staying home with the kids is a much more draining day then when I was working. Hah.. That's me though - no one else. And I would never judge another persons choice on the matter. Neither choice is easy - staying home, going back to work... its all hard. I don't know why so many people here get nasty. I guess they are just trying to make themselves feel better and more important. *shrug* Kind of sad.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If you work you are a part time parent. It might not be nice but its reality. You spend more time at work then with your kids...that by definition makes you a part time parent.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Letr me tell you something Key, I never was a part time parent even when I was working 40 hours a week. My children were in school when I was working and I made sure I was home when they were. I still had dinner ready, had them clean clothes and took them where they needed to go, etc, even while I had 40 hours on the clock. I did everything that a SAHM did plus work outside. SO I never was a part time parent. I was the only parent
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• So answer my question Key - WOULD YOU TELL YOUR HUSBAND THAT??
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008