Toddler bed -- does it use the crib mattress?

When you switch to a toddler bed, do you buy a new mattress for it, or does it use the crib mattress? Thanks!

nell_brinkley

Asked by nell_brinkley at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the crib mattress should fit it
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• crib mattress...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yep just use your crib mattress that you have now, unless you need the crib for another child.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The crib matress fits perfectly. We had to buy another crib mattress casue my girls are 22 months apart but the matress form the crib and the sheets and all will fit just fine...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It uses the crib mattress. You can use the one you have or get a second one. I got a second one (free from a friend) so my daughter can choose where to sleep or I can plop her in her crib if I get tired of taking her back to bed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My DS's crib matress fit our toddler bed. His baby brother is 14 mos, we'll be using it soon! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Crib mattress fits. Just got Levi one and he's terrified to sleep in it. lol
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 3:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• thanks everyone!!!
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 4:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• well our son just got a new big boy bed and his crib mattress just wasn't sturdy enough we bough a new one and he refused to sleep in it,after two days of middle night crying we put his crib mattress on top of the old one making it not only sturdier but our son never woke up after that,he was use to his old mattress changing it made him wake up disoriented.so what ever works for you.
    tzingillusion21

Answer by tzingillusion21 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Thanks this is a great question.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 1:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008