vaccines?

i don't want any bashing--i'm just wondering,why do some people not want their children vacinated?i get my kids every vaccine that comes out--if i can save my girls from getting cancer-hell yeah! i just don't understand the reasoning for it,can someone explain it to me. thankyou.(i'm not trying to judge-i just want to understand)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• When I found out I was pregnant I was against vaccines since my SS is autistic and I was so sure of the link between autism and vaccines. After doing some research of my own I found out that Thirmerosal ,a mercury derivative is used as a preservative and is linked to mercury toxicity in children under the age of six and has been linked to Autism. Since the early 2000's the FDA has since reduced the amount of the mercury to essentially non-toxic levels or has removed it completely from vaccines. Thirmerosal is still highly used in flu vacs but there is a supply of flu vacs for infant use that do not contain the toxic chemical. I believe that it is safe to vaccinate your child providing that you are well informed of the contents of the vaccine and if there is no way around using any sort of Thirmerosal to either not vaccinate or wait until your child is at least 6 years old.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i think it has a lot to do with them trying to link autism to vaccines im not sure if there is more to it or not but no one else was answering lol
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 3:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i dont vaccinate because there are too many unnatural things that are in them.. aside from mercury there are many other things. I also believe that there are better and more natural ways to get over sicknesses. And i wont give my daughter the HPV shot [well down the road because shes not born yet lol] but i wont give it to her because right there on the commercial for it it says "Gardisil does NOT PROTECT AGAINST the humanpappiloma [sp?] virus therefore you should continue routine check ups." Thats what i believe, but i always RESPECT everyone decisions, i respect that your doing everything in your power to protect your children right now. Thats what you think is best for them just like i think NOT vaccinating will be best for my daughter. :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• For some people it's not the vaccine, but the additives and the schedule. They contain mercury, and when you give a baby many vaccines in a short period of time, there's fear of mercury poisoning. So some people would be fine with a vaccine that had safer additives or a modified schedule. I vaxed all my kids, but my youngest had a reaction to her 5 y/o shots this year. She's never had a reaction before, so I think it might be becuase they changed the additives.
    As for Gaurdasil, I'm waiting on giving my girls that one becuase it hasn't been on the market long. It seems like as soon as they start advertising a new medication or vaccine, next thing you know it's been recalled.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• mercury poisoning, no one wants an autistic kid, (sorry but true- they are trying to avoid it) my kid has all his shots and believe you shouldnt be allowed in public without them. esp. schools, if i had a girl she would get that shot too, chicken pox., the whole nine yards. i believe in modern medicine.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I do certain vaccines because some of them are pointless like the flu and gardisal. However, others believe the media lie that vaccines cause autism.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They are administered in a "one-size-fits-all" fashion, they are filled with dangerous ingredients (read the inserts), the schedule is extremely aggressive, and they are the result of big pharm's greed and self-interest. They have little to do with public health as a whole. Natural immunity is best and safest. Read up on how drugs come to market and how disease is actually spread. Read up on vaccinations and the epidemic rise in neurobiological and autoimmune disorders. We are the most vaccinated country in the world and the unhealthiest.

That's just the tip of the iceberg . . .
    Anonymous

• This who spiel that vaccines have mercury and cause autism is a myth. The newer vaccines don't have mercury and autism is genetic. Its all BS. Yes, my son is vaccinated.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm for vaccinations ever since a friend of mine died while we were deployed in the navy to Bahrain. He skipped out on our mandatory vaccine shot for yellow fever, and ended up catching yellow fever while in Bahrain. I used to think vaccines were awful too until my friend died. I definitely will be giving my son all his vaccines.
    Anonymous

• I believe in vaccinations, we have never had a problem.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008