My hair is like xtra dry, What can I do to make it shine without harming more my hair?

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 1:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• mayo... sounds gross but works realy well! :O) you can also put raw eggs with the mayo for extra protein. it's even better!
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 10:09 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you could try a colorless glazing. basically what it does is fills in the 'gaps' of the hair cuticle, to make it lay smoother. smoother hair reflectes more light...shine. they are harmless..but its only a temporary fix. as is conditioners (oils, moisturizers, etc)..until you fix the problem that is causing the dryness. need some trimmed off? need to stop using hot tools? need to lay off the chemicals? better diet/nutrition? are meds causing change in hair/nails? there are a lot of factors that come into play.
    figure out what's causing the problem, then you can concentrate on fixing it. and use a glaze in the meantime for immediate results. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would definately say to deep condition it! If that doesn't work, chop off the dead stuff because that will just encourage your healthy hair to keep growing :)
    istylin26

Answer by istylin26 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Argan Oil for everyday use and you can also use it as a Deep Conditioner by coating your hair with it and putting on a shower cap for a little bit works well for me and it smell really nice too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Use natural products without harsh detergents like SLS. For deep conditioning use a hair mask.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• depends on what your doing...

try a protein treatment every week.. if you are using blow dryers, curling irons, or straighteners use a protective thermo spray to protect your hair from damage.. get a trim, ohhh I like dull scissors idea of the colorless glazing.. those are very nice too :).

and good shampoo's and conditioner's like joico, paul brown, etc.. are great for your hair.. make sure you aren't using products like suave clarifying or natural shampoos (they can be stripping). Use a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner like the joico k-pac series for best results.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• get a good deep conditioner and extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010