Does anyone in your family or friends hate the name you picked out for your child?

My first son's name is Skylar-lee. Everyone that I know loves his name. My second son's name is Gage. That was a so so thing. They either hated it or loved it. They teased me really bad for that name. Now lol.. all the names I like only very very few people like. If I have another child man.. I am going to be bashed from just about everyone LOL.. oh well.. did you name your child something that someone completely disagreed with and caused problems with you for it?And if so.. what are their names.. what did they not like and why??

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 3:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my family likes the names i picked, but they gave both my kids a nickname that only they call them:
    my dd is makaylah, they call her Macey
    my ds is Kaleb, they call him Dublin or Dub
    IDK
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husbands grandmother strongly tried to get us to change my sons name.. Which is Mason. Because shes very, verrrry religious and said that Masons are people who "stomp on crosses" or something to that affect. But my husband and I really loved the name and after assuring her that just bc his name is Mason, that doesnt mean hes gonna pop out stomping on crosses.. She finally eased up.. Everyone else loved the name though :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Our oldest is Sylvia. I don't think everyone loved it, but no one said anything. Recently, my mother-in-law said "I didn't like it at first, but now it;s my favorite name in the world." I think it is really rude for people to say too much. I have told good friends I didn't care the name they chose, but only when they asked. I would say "Well, it isn't my cup of tea." it isn't my business what they name their kids!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i wanted to name my son lucivious, everyone said no. next time i will keep my names to myself so no one squashes my dreams :(
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• if they do.. they have never told me that they hate or anything.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes my ex hubby to be family hates all my boys names. They tell me their names are country. i think they are strong names
    Isaiah Dewayne (dads middle is his middle)
    Justice Demeco (His middle is from the 2006 offensive lineman of the year- a compromise : )
    Kingston Orion (two names i just liked)
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 9:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My MIL didn't like either of my girls names, and the funny part was, my husband picked the first names and I got to pick the middle names. I got the biggest laugh about that. My girls like their names, and that's all that matters to us. Debra Anne and Deanna Louise, both their middle name are after me, becauese I had both of them natural, that was our deal. Our son I picked the 1st name & my husband the middle, Robert after his Dad & David because my husband liked it, no real comments from my MIL there.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010