Does anyone know how to get a 9 month old to sleep in later in the mornings?

jillian1506

Asked by jillian1506 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'ld love to know the secret to this one!!!! lol. a 2yr old too,please.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Get a small table lamp for his room. Put it on a timer. To start with, have it come on at the time he is getting up now. When you go to get him, make a point of telling him it must be time to get up because the light is on. Then move the time back a little every few days (no more than 10 minutes at a time) until it is at a more reasonable wake up time for you.

I put a fishtank in my daughter's room and put it's light on a timer. She now knows that I won't be in until "fishy morning". It works pretty well for us. She is usually awake about 10 minutes before the light comes on but she doesn't start hollering for me until it does come on.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Another thing to consider - Daylight savings time is ending soon. You might want to take that into your plans. If he's getting up at 5am now, he'll be getting up at 4am then. Kids don't know or care that they can roll over and go back to sleep for another hour. The body says it's time to get up so they get up.
    kaycee14