Oil change

Do you have the oil changed in your car every 3000 miles / 3 months?

Carey2006

Asked by Carey2006 at 3:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have gone months and months w/o an oil change and that was with driving to and from New Hampshire to Connecticut (3 hour drive highway)....as long as you put oil in the car when it needs oil there really isn't much of a need to get it changed. yes it'll need a new oil filter once a year but they kinda con ppl into thinking they need oil changes when all they need to do is buy a few bottles of oil from the store and fill the engine...also the cheapest oil is just as good as the expensive oil and just cause the bottle says "High Mileage" it doesn't mean you need it if you have a car with high mileage. my car has over 200,000 miles on it, has never broken down once or left me stranded, it's still going strong as it always has....also i have worked briefly as a mechanic and i do my own work on my car so i know what i'm talking about
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I average 2800 miles on my car in a year, so I just have the oil changed with the annual inspection.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, I do. My husband is a mechanic, so an oil change for me is easy. But, honestly speaking, my husband has shown me what going without changing your oil can actually do to an engine, so it really is not a bunch of bogus stuff to get it changed. Externally, you cannot see the damage you are causing the engine, but it really cuts engine life with internal damage if you do not get it done like you should.
    Kind of like people, we can run on a high fat diet, just going to give out sooner!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• SWasson... welcome to my world. I have a 2002 car and it just rolled 20,000 miles... it had 26 on it when I brought it home new. Hubby changes the oil once a year...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Always! Good maintainance will make you car last longer! Why spend 25,000 dollars on a car if you wont take care of it?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010