Lawn mowing

How often do you cut or have your grass cut?

What type do you have: gas, electric or push-power?

Carey2006

Asked by Carey2006 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a gardener who I pay $80 per month for two cuts. I have a huge yard and I used to cut it myself with a riding lawn mower, but when I got sick I hired it out. It is so nice to come home and the lawn is all cut and edged.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Most years, we cut once a week, except when it's really hot and the grass slows down. This summer we've basically had one long heat wave with the occasional interruption of one day where it's under 90, and the grass has been very slow-growing, so we've probably averaged every 2-3 weeks. We have a gas mower.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Gas mowers, push for the front, riding for the back. We cut about every other week even though it probably needs it every week.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My son cuts the grass once a week if needed. We use a gas powered mulching mower and keep the grass level on the highest notch.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• we do ours once a week in the summer, its a gas mower with a bag on the back (we compost the clippings for our garden)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2010