when am i gonna be able to get pregnant?

I was on birth control pills for 2 years (already have one child) and have now been off the pill for 6 months. The last 3 months i havent had a period and the doc said that im not ovulating. How long has it taken others to start ovulating and concieving...? This is stressfull and im really sad i wanted a 2-2.5 year gap between my kids now its going to be more like 3-3.5 maybe even 4 years between my children.

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on the woman. My sil was on bc for 5 yrs before her son and got preg 2 weeks after stopping. When she stoppped taking it last yr to get preg again it took her 4 months and she was upset cause it took so long. I'm lookin at a 3-4 yr gap between my kids up the up side is that my dd will be potty trained(already is) and will be old enough to understand what is goin on and will have had planty of time with just mommy and daddy. My sil has a 5 yr gap between her kids. son is 5 and daughter is 1 month. wasn't planned that was just how it happens sometimes.

Did the doctor give you anything to get you to ovulate???
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 3:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• no the doc didnt cause she said we will wait a year for my body to do something on its own if it dont in a year then we will help my body get started.
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Wow i think i would find another doc for his/her opinion. My find has ovulation problems they had to put her on some pill to get her ovulation then she got preg and 2 months after she had the same problem. There should be something they can try to get you to ovulate. I'd get another doc opinion.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well we were talking about that medicine that makes you ovulate and then she came back and said that after taking the pill that long it usually takes about a year to get normal so we should just let my body get normal itself if it wants in a years time...Was your friend on b/c before she tried concieving?
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i think she was for a while but only a month or two. My sil was on bc for 5 yrs and got preg 2 weeks after stopping. A year just seems like a really long time to wait when your trying. Hope everything works out for you. message me if you find out anything else. good luck with the ovulation.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 6:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It can take up to 18 months to get back to normal.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008