Can a woman lactate suddenly after years of not needing to? adult content

simply put muh son is 6 and he was weened at 6mos, so you can imagine my suprise years later when I see a drop's worth of colostrum comming out of my nipple!!!

NadineBrown3

Asked by NadineBrown3 at 3:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Could you be pregnant? I think your milk can come again... maybe a hormonal imbalance?
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• could be hormones, a change in them...go to you OBGYN, it could be a sign of something, if you know it's not pregnancy, I'm curious as o what's causing it.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:36 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I say that you should make an appointment to check thyroid levels, and if it is a grayish color its probably not colostrum but a breast infection which can happen. I had started leaking when my son turned 2 and I was def not pregnant. My doc took a sample of the fluid (ck for infection) and also drew blood (ck thyroid levels). Took 15mins and all came back normal doc figured it was because of my BC.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It's okay my breast every now and then my milk just starts to come out. I saw my doctor he said it was okay. So I just let it go and not think about it but just keep a cover pad in the inside of my bra.
    AngieB615

Answer by AngieB615 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I know that to much stimulation can cause you to leak milk and that it is possible to relactate I would make sure not pregnant and have hormone levels checked just in case
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010