How much do you pay?

For a haircut?
How about to get your hair dyed?
Where do you live?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I pay about 15 for a haircut, 20 including tip. I dont get anything extra special done to it though. & I have only got my hair professionaly dyed once which was for my wedding and it ran me about 120 including tip. But that includes a wash, cut, dye and blow dry. & I live in Maryland.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I paid $115 to get my hair highlighted and cut. It was way too expensive, guess I'll never go there again. I live in the UK and Dh is military, so I went on base.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I go to the beauty college and pay 6.00 and a spiral perm is 50.00 if you ask a for a girl that is about to graduate you won't have a problem.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 3:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• oh man I should TOTALLY do that! I seriously pay $250 for a cut, color, & blow out!
    stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 4:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I go to a local beauty college, haircuts with a wash and blow dry is $15 plus tip. I got my hair colored there and it was $32 plus tip. Virginia College has locations all over the US you can find one near you. I got a 'trim' on base and was charged $45 plus tip. I only had 1/2 inch cut off the bottom and she cut it dry! Disaster. I was stationed in the UK too. I would love to go back, I am sure not much has changed!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• $18 + $3 tip for hair cut (no dye jobs YET!) I live in Central Maryland
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It is just $13 plus tip for a hair cut. It has been a really long time since I have had it done at a real salon. The last time highlighting was involved it was up over $100. I agree the local beauty college may be a great alternative.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 6:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I pay $85 for a hightlight, cut and blowout. That is when I get my full head of hair done. It's cheaper when I only need to get a partial. I live in PA
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I pay about $33 for a cut and blow dry but I don't colour yet.  I live in Canada.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i paid 200 before, for cut color hi lites and style. i was shaking when i went to my dh to ask for 40 for a tip! i got a lot of compliments, but it didn't make up for the guilt of spending all that money!
    i have paid half that a few times, but i usually only get my hair done once a year.
    i have only had my hair colored or hi lited about 4 times.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2010