Acne solutions!

I need some tips. I currently use acne wash and then an exfoliant at least three times a week. I wash my face twice a day and still I have breakouts. I didn't have acne while pregnant at all, which makes me think it's hormonal, but I already have an IUD in... can you get on the pill with an IUD in? I don't want to make an appointment for it if they won't do it lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• sorry sweety.. acne is a medical condition and you'll need to talk to your doctor about it.. there are things you can do it minimize it..

destress, change of diet (like a detox diet), facials.. these will help... but acne is something that has to be cleared from the inside out.

a facial is nice because they can determine your skin type and tell you exactly what products to use to help minimize break outs. LIke if your skin is overly dry and you are mostly getting black/white heads.. your treatment of it is going to be tooo harsh, and it may be making the problem worse. Otherwise, I'm sorry we can't really tell you exactly what to use because nobody on here can see your skin type, and thus can't tell you the best products to use to avoid going to the doctor.

But as a I said a facialist can help! They can also tellyou the best make up to use on your skin type with your skin condition. (did I mention on relaxing it is too
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You may be causing the breakouts from washing & exfoliating too much with harsh ingredients. The problem with acne washes is that the chemicals in them dry your skin, which causes your body to over produce oil that can clog your pores. What I recommend (& use) is Jordan Essentials Extra Gentle Face Bar   and moisturize with Satin Shea Body Butter in Unscented & Dye Free

Many of my customers swear by our Oatmeal Milk & Honey soap as the best acne solution.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Post this in the health section, you'll get more replies Im sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Honestly, I had some acne prior to becoming pregnant, but I was able to control it. During my pregnancy, my skin was beautiful. Afterward, my skin went to hell, quick. What works for me is Neutrogena Advanced Solutions. I use the wash and acne lotion twice a day. I do not use the moisturizer with sunscreen. My skin has been looking great! I've tried the proactive and mary kay and other products and this is what has worked for me. I hope you find something to help you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Avon has a clear skin professional line.. it's a three step program. I use it daily and it took care of any breakouts. I love it. You should give it a try.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 10:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2010