Moving into a hotel room, UGH. adult content

I had a sewer pipe break and because of that, I have had to turn off the water to the house. The crew is coming to fix it in the morning. They say it won't be complete until late Saturday afternoon. All for the bargain price of $3000! I don't like hotels, I have to pay extra because of my dog who has to come with me. Have any of you had this problem?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 4:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We had the septic sewers back up into our basement this Easter Sunday. Luckily, we didn't have to leave the house (an emergency cleanup crew even came within a couple hours of the sewer getting cleaned out.) Oh, that smell was horrendous! Home ownership is an adventure, isn't it?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:36 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• At least you were able to find a hotel to accept your dog.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Living in a hotel room isn't that bad though. At least you will have housekeeping :o)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Good luck. I have never had that happen to me.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• ugh good luck!
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• my husband and i lived in a hotel room for 4 months one time because we were in between duty stations (the army calls it temporary duty en route) and I didn't want to go on to the next place without him. we sent all of our furniture ahead to CA to be put in storage until we got there. it got old pretty quick but we do what we have to stay together whenever we can :)
    hope the plumbing gets fixed quick though! that's a huge pain!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The first spring we were in our house, the tree roots grew into our lines. The toilet backed up into the bathtub and shower. It was pretty disgusting. Luckily the plumber we called said he thought the problem sounded like it was in the city's portion of the line, so we called them. They fixed it and they fixed a section that was in our part of the line, but they didn't charge us, since they were already out there. We were going out of town that weekend anyway, so it wasn't a big deal to not have water for a few days.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010