I am soo depressed!

I'm due in about 4 weeks and have been on bed rest for months, disability doesn't pay much and we've been barely making it, My husband lost his job back in May and I was paying the bills but then going on disability has put me in a bad strain. We can't really afford our bills and I have fallen behind, I'm almost due and I only have one pack of diapes for my baby and still need a few more things, my husband has been trying to get a job since he lost his but no luck, I am sooo unprepared and not ready at all for this baby. I don't know what to do and I'm starting to get really depressed. Any advice. Please no bashing, I'm already bashing myself and really could not take it from someone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It got pretty tight for us too, it seemed like a whole stream of bad luck, but I took it as a test to see if I had the whits to be a good mamma. You'll get thru it. If you need to PM me to vent or anything, I know it's hard, trust me I know.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Have you talked to your OBGYN about it?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• is he looking for a specific job or just anything? he might want to look for anything he can get even if its mcdonalds so yall can get prepared for the baby. good luck!
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 7:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It is easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about it. Things always seem to have a way of working out.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 7:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Why would anyone bash you? I am sorry you are stressed and worried. Do you have any close family?

Does dh have a job now? I agree with the other mom...tell him to look for ANYTHING!!! Burger King, Walmart....mow lawns!

Talk to your OB too...she can tell you about programs and help that is out there. Also, WIC is wonderful too....they will give you formula and diapers too I believe...not sure, but worth checking into!!!

If worse comes to worse....apply for food stamps...that is what they are there for :)

Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husband lost his job right after we had our 2nd baby and I wasn't working. He took on any job he cld, driving a fruit delivery truck, insulating houses, anything. I know it's hard, and I've been there, we even sold silverware for food, and went on food stamps for a while.Our older son had a saving account we had to use for bills and eventually put back. Think of any way you can to pay the bills. I did ALOT of crying .Here we are again 35 years later with a laid off husband, but no baby, and no one wanting an older man on a job, but somehow we'll make do again. Best of luck and I hope all goes well.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Is there a church you might get help from? Or any similar organization? You don't necessarily need to be a member. Call your chamber of commerce and town offices and ask what compassionate organizations might be in your town. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010