how long will it take to lose 25lbs?

ok so everday i walk from 1-3 miles, which for me burns about 100 calories each mile, and the i stand for hours at work which burns more, just standing for 2 hours burns 255 calories, and i eat between 1500-1800 calories dialy. i do burn some extra calories from lifting and walking at work and playing with my kid and stuff but they are not somthing that i can count.

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 5:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you lose it in 6 months, then you will be doing good. Losing it too fast is not healthy.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so basically, to lose one pound, you have to burn 3500 more calories than you eat. Your weight determines the number of calories you burn per activity, so you need to calculate your weight times the calories burned per activity per hour to find out how many calories you burned. Better yet, use this calorie calculator: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php. Good luck with your weight loss!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• After I was diagnosed diabetic, I went on a strict diabetic exchange diet & lost 35 lbs. in three months.15 carb grams (one slice of bread)= 1 carb exchange). I was allowed 11 carb exchanges a day, so it was actually a lot of food. (check the internet for lists of the exchanges) I still get to eat most "normal" food (well, except desserts more than, say a single cookie)- just have to spread them out over the day & use portion control (I measure the carb food servings- usually 1/2-1 cup each serving, depending on the food). When I eventually added moderate exercise (three times a week of treadmill or bike) I lost 17 more lbs. & I've kept it off for almost a year! AND my sugar is almost normal, without meds! You can do it!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• 1-2 lbs is a healthy weight range and it sounds like you keep yourself on pretty good track :] as long as your consistantly eating 6 meals a day breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner-snack it should take about 15 weeks :] best wishes to you if you have any other questions feel free to msg me
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2010