about how many lbs would it take to go from a 18 to a 8?

my goal size is a size 8 and currently im a size 18. i want to be a 8 before january 2011, and yes i know that goal is a little high up there in the clouds but thats my goal, im hoping if i dont reach that then ill be a size ll by then. ANYYWAYY.. im 237lbs and i wanna know how many lbs would i have to lose to go from an 18 to and 8

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 2 lbs per week is healthy. If you lose more than that, then you will be putting a lot of strain on your organs. Please be careful.

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• at my heaviest i was 220 and probably closer to a size 20. im now around 140 and in a size 8.
    sherriebeare is right- 2 lbs a week is probably a good goal. I lost my gallbladder over unrealistic weight loss- too quickly.
    slow but sure and one day at a time.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 6:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it depends on how your body is proportioned.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ask any Dr.... It's 2 lbs per week.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It really depends on your body and how you carry your weight. I too weigh about 237 lbs. and wear a size 18. When I got married, I weighed about 170 and was a size 11/12. So a size 8 would probably be about 140-150 lbs. Like the previous posters have said, it is best to lose about 2 lbs a week. Not only for health reasons but to also give your skin a chance to tightened back up as well. You wouldn't want to be a size 8 and not be able to wear the clothes that you want because your skin is sagging. You can help you skin regain its tightness by having a body wrap done after ever 20 lbs you lose. So, by losing 2 lbs a week, it should take you approx. 45 weeks to reach your goal. Just remember to take baby steps and you will be there before you know it. Good luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Seems like the heavier you are the more you have to lose to equal a dress size but the good news is as get towards your goal you will see the dress sizes dropping faster. My sister when from a 28 to a 8 but it took a year. She is over 6 foot tall and weighed in the 300 plus range. Height plays into this too. Because I know she has said she was still close to 200 but yet a size 8. For what it is worth. I just read on the other day they have discovered if all you do is drink your 8 glasses of water a day. A study showwed it can increae the rate you burn calories. The impact is modest but when losing but it just might help you reach that 2 pounds a week.
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 6:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I mean the difference in pounds between an 18 and an 8 depends on how your body is proportions. I'm an 18 and weigh 20 pounds less than the poster, so my body is obviously proportioned differently. My size 8 poundage will be different than her size 8 poundage. I agree, you shouldn't try to lose more than two pounds a week. It can affect your health other wise.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I doubt anyone can tell you the answer to this. It would depent on a lot of things. How tall you are. How much muscle you have. How and where your body carries weight.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Typically, approximately 10lbs. (give or take a couple) is the difference between dress sizes.

StrollerStrider

Answer by StrollerStrider at 8:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It depends whether you are asking about a size 8 DRESS or a size 8 PANTS. I weigh about 148 now and wear a size 10 dress and size 10/12 pants. I'm 5'7" tall. So HEIGHT is an issue too. Someone 6 feet tall and 160 lbs may be able to wear a size 8. Where the person who is 5 feet tall and 160 lbs would have to wear a size 14 or 16 or bigger.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2010