is it okay to use bengay ( a heating cream) on your back if you are prego?

it is used for sore musicals, like lower backs, shoulders, neck, ext. on the pack it has nothing about using it if you are prego, but I don't know if it is okay. can any one help?

lovinglife1987

Asked by lovinglife1987 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did on my knees and back when i was pregnant. i did ask the doctor and he gave me the okay. I would call just to make sure thought. It never hurts, but as for reassurance im sure you and your baby will be fine! :) I Hope the aches go away soon for ya! GL
    MOMSART

Answer by MOMSART at 3:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My doc said to only use it on parts that are farthest away from baby... knees, shoulders etc. but not on my lower back
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• interesting research I just came across on this subject. There apparently are lots of Dr's out there who believe the methyl-salicylates (aspirin derivatives) may in fact cause high blood levels and put the pregnancy at risk due to bleeding related to the high salicylate possibility. Several Dr's specificallly said use heating pads, hot packs, cold packs to releive muscle pain. It seems a pretty conservative stance...but it is a viable arguement. If it were me I think I would find alternate ways to find relief.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008