Have you done a homebirth after a c-section?

If so, how did it go? I was 20 when I had my daughter 5 years ago, and both my husband (bf at time) and I were unprepared and though I did a ton of research during the pregnancy, pretty naive about making our own decisions during labor. I also was so impatient to have the baby that I begged the doctor to induce me even though I was only 3 days overdue =( They even told me they were sure I'd end up with a c-section if they did, but I was insistent. I'm determined to have a home waterbirth with our next child (hopefully will be pregnant soon to have the chance, lol) and would like to gain any perspective on what it is like to have as much control as possible over your child's birth. Also, any tips to keep for the future would be greatly appreciated!

musicalbabe85

Asked by musicalbabe85 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• There have been a few women on here to have home births after c sections. Look into the Birth is Natural group and there are some other homebirthing groups. You will also need to be sure your insurance covers mid-wives because some don't.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have not, good luck with it.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 8:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Sounds like you're making one mistake after the next.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What mistakes am I making?
    musicalbabe85

Comment by musicalbabe85 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010