Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support question.

My sons biological father pays child support. He recently got engaged and they will be married next year in October. After doing so, will her income be combined with his for child support? We live in NY and he is in PA, he actually asked me this question, I am not trying to get more money, lol. He pays $800 a month already.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (9)
  • No, her income does not count toward what he should pay. She is not responsible for the child, he is.

    Answer by layh41407 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • No, only his will be used.

    Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • No - she has no responsibility to pay for your child, so her income will not be considered. Mine was not considered when I married my ex - the case was handled in NY where his child lived with his mother.

    Answer by missanc at 8:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Her income should not be included.

    Answer by queen.bee at 8:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • no, at least in my state, it's the parent's job to cover costs not a new partner

    Answer by angevil53 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Not in my state.

    Answer by mommy11260 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • No but she will have to pay it if he doesn't. My x's wife pays his bc he's still a deadbeat.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • no

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • No, the new spouse's income is not calculated.

    Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.