Does anyone else feel like they ...

live in dr offices?? LOL ~~~I have a 4 week ond AND 3 older children. For the last 4 weeks I have had about 7 dr appts for myself and/or for my newborn. Just had 2 appts yesterday and my 10 yr old lets me know yesterday that she has an earache, so I will be at the dr again today... Just wonderin if anyone else has the same feeling?? oh and with school starting back soon we have 3 dentist appts, 3 eye doctor appts and 3 check ups... 1 has to get ALL his shots uggh...

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Have you tried combining appointments? I only have 2 boys, and wherever possible I schedule their appointments "back to back" but my pediatricians and dentist let them be seen at the same time, and I always schedule such appointments during the warmer weather months--so there is less clothing to get in and out of--allowing easy access for shots, measurements, and the exam (since they're wearing short sleeves, shorts, and sandals)--which makes getting in and out of the doctor's office a breeze!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have a 10 month old and a 2 1/2 year old and yes, we live at the Dr's office....... I also take them in for every little thing though.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I did that the month of June but it wasn't just for the kids it was me, my dad, my daughter, grandkids, stepdad etc all month
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes I do combine appts when possible, all the back to school appts will be back to back... all the dr appts I've had in the last 4 weeks couldnt be combined though, and I recounted 4 weeks and 8 appts not counting the one I will be taking my 10 yr old for today...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, my DD was born 3 months premature so we lived in doctors offices for years - nutritionists, physical therapists, orthopaedic specialists, orthotic/prosthetic providers, pediatric neuro-opthalmologists, neurologists, numerous testings at the hospital, DAN visits, well-baby visits, dentist appointments, etc. DS had a psychologist, neuro-psychologist, audiologist, developmental optometrist, neurologist, dermatologist, and a DAN, not to mention several visits to the ER, surgery, and physical therapy due to football injuries. They sound like a train wreck, don't they? In any case, much of it was pre-emptive and I'm thrilled to say they are absolutely normal in every way. The only visits now are to the DAN (we use her as our primary care doctor), the eye doc, and the dentist.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i do but for myself lol the kids bring EVERYTHING home
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yep, in just the last month we've been to the physiatrist, neurologist, orthodontist, regular dentist, endocrinologist, x-ray & the lab, plus therapy every week. We have coming up another appt. w/the physiatrist and also the endocrinologist, immunology, orthodontist, developmental pediatrician, orthpedics and the orthotist. We'll probably end up at the lab again for more bloodwork, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010