Can Mirena cause Endomitriosis/infertility? adult content

I have had mirena for 2 years now my dr. tells me that I have endomitriosis & has put me on NuvaRing to control the painful periods. But i didnt get endomitriosis until after i'd had the mirena for over a year. Now im hearing that endo can cause infertility. Aaaahhhhh! Anybody know anything about this. I would like to concieve in a year or two & this is driving me crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Health

• hmm not that i know of.. i was on mirena for a yr, got pregnant 5 months after i went off it
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 9:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i had mirena for a year. it did cause a temporary cyst on an ovary but it went away on its own. i have had two mc's since, but am now nearing 12 wks with twins. so i'd say no, it does not cause those things. it might in some cases idk, but did not for me.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I've had Mirena for about 1 1/2 years now, with no problems. We're good with 1 child, so I guess if it made me infertile... It's just saving me from paying for a tubal ligation or a hysterectomy when I hit 30.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2010