Bottles stink!

His bottles have a funny smell and I don't know how to get rid of the stink. We wash them daily and run them through the dishwasher a couple time/week. Anyone know what I can clean them with so they don't smell funny?

AmiJanell

Asked by AmiJanell at 3:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting a little bit of bleach (like a cap full) in a sink full of water. Then saop them up and rinse they good, and either boil them of run them trough the hot cycle on the dishwasher to make sure all the bleach is off there. That should get rid of the smell.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 3:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Problem is, I'm allergic to bleach. But maybe I can have his dad do it. :)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• lemon and baking soda... scrub scrub... should help...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Kind of funny, I'm allergic to bleach too. I drank a whole cup full when I was a baby too. Usually when my sons bottles start to smell i'll boil them, then wash them with lots of soap & water.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 4:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Boil the bottles, nipples and rings for two minutes in a big pot on the stove... That is how I clean my son's bottles and mine don't stink... I do this once a week. I also clean his bottles in the dishwasher every time after I wash them by hand... Good Luck!
    nic95490

Answer by nic95490 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh, if you allerigc to the bleach then that sugg. wont help you none. The only other thing i know of to suggest is maybe lemon juice or like lemon pinesol or mr. clean. I know that lemon is a deoderizer so that may work. But again afterwards boil them or run through dishwasher to make sure it all gets off. Godd Luck
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008