Would you rather admit that you once committed a horrible crime, do the time in prison, and get on with your life, or never admit it to anyone, live an honest life from then on, and deal with the guilt?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 9:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in

• I would prefer to "do the time" and then move on with my life. Always having to look over my shoulder and lead a "double life" would drive me insane! Then again, if I did commit a horrible crime, I probably WOULD already be insane!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Hot steaming pile of guilt please. I would last about 3 minutes in prison.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'd rather deal with the guilt. It would be easy for me to move on from it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I agree with LoriKeet. I would go insane and probably get admitted to a mental institution, which would probably feel like the same as if I just admitted the crime and paid the time! Ugh, I could never do anything criminal anyhow!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Rather deal with the guilt. There is no way I would go to prison right now..I think it would be selfish as I have a 3 year old who needs me.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Do the time! If you are stupid enough to do a horrible crime then don't be a pussy and not admit to it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would have to take the guilt. I could not imagime being away in prison & not be able to see my kids. I am a people pleaser & that would not go over well in the pen. LOL
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 9:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Hmm.. guilt please. Why drag up something from my past and go to prison and leave my children? Sorry, it's probably the immoral thing to do, but i'm not leaving my babies!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Depends on the crime. If it was justified (killing a rapist, or something) then I'd just go on with my life. Not much guilt there. If it wasn't justified, I'd have to admit to it. I couldn't live with the guilt. Also, when my kid found out about it how could I look her in the eye and tell her not to do horrible things if I did and just walked away?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Probably do the time, because feeling guilty sucks and then I wouldn't be able to live a "normal life"
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010