growth spert?

Just wanted to see if anyone knew the signs of a growth period? Gauge had one before and he mainly ate a lot. Right now he's wanting 8ozs every 4 hrs and he's pretty much always asleep. Am I right to assume that that's what it is?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 3:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• growth spurts are at 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 12 weeks, 18 weeks, 24 weeks, and so on, every six weeks.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Sounds like a growth spurt to me.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i breastfeed, and when my son wants to nurse all day long it seems, and i can't get a break from him, i know that in a few days, there is a little growth, then the following week, he will want to sleep...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The only time i've really noticed my son having a growth spurt was when he ate 3 8 ounce bottles in 2 hours. He also wakes up in the middle of the night to eat. He's been waking up at 4 for a bottle every night this week & last night he woke up 3 times from 10 til 6.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 5:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008