Do you think facebook is good or bad?

Is it good to keep in touch or has it caused drama in your life? Does it seem like High School all over again? I am having a hard time dealing w/ one of my best friends that I had a falling out with. We don't talk but it makes me sad to see her post to other common friends. Some of are common friends have taken sides w/ out me knowing. I just realized over time that some talk to me and some only to her. I did reach out to her and apologize but I got no response. At this point I don't know what facebook is dong for me but making me feel bad.

lovinlifemommy

Asked by lovinlifemommy at 9:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh my...immature..very immature if people take sides too. Sorry you are dealing with that. I have seen people vent dirty laundry and also tell others dirty deeds on facebook..I stay away from it..makes me sick that people are like this.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I like it but it does suck that everyone can see what I post to other people because in my opinion it's my business that I did that and not the entire Facebook community's. I use it way more than Myspace now and I do keep in touch with friends from school. So far it HAs caused some drama with my boyfriends mom because she got all types of updates on me when she added me and then went back and saw where I posted that I can't stand one of her sosns and then all hell broke loose! Ugh! Lol... anyways.... I like it still. I just avoid posting too much that I don't want people to see. One of my friends went as far as to make multiple accounts so that she could have a personal profile with a fictitious name.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i think its kinda dumb. Especially when i see people post what they are doing every minute.."going to the shitter, going to pick up the kids, going out to eat"...who cares. i updated mine like every few months if i'm bored as heck but i think people have forgotten who i am on there because i'm not reminding them who i am every minute
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Bad! Even though it's nice to reconnect, I hate knowing that people I DON'T care about can see what's going on in my life. I know there are privacy settings, but who knows who is looking ya know? Plus most people use their facebook to brag and only post wonderful things about their life .... it's just so fake and weird to post "updates" so everyone of your friends can know what your doing and whatnot.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it depends on who you add and how you use it. I have fb and I do like mine, I have mostly friends and family on mine and I use it to stay in touch with them. I do have 2 people on mine who are kind of "high school drama queen' types (they are family so I kind of had to add them) and I set my so I can block their posts and block what they see of mine and that really helps!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Mine has caused me no problems. I haven't had any bitch fests or drama thus far. I tend not to add people who act that way.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• oops-- meant to say "set my fb so I can block....."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't have people on my page that I don't get along with in the real world...... So why even have her on your page if you aren't friends anymore? Do you see, or talk to her in person? If you don't then I would just remove her, and move on with your life... JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No we live states apart now. So I don't run into her anymore. We actually are not "friends" on fb but alot of are friends are the same. So I see her comments to others and vice versa. Its obvious to me only that she and her couple friends don't talk to me. I have tried to reach out to all of them but they just ignore me. Its hurtful, I should not care but I do. Mind you that she is mad at me over a guy that came between us when we were 19! We are 33 now! The guy went away. We made up. She came to visit me on holidays summer etc. She was in my wedding. Then about 2 years ago she got engaged and decided she didn't want me to be apart of it or speak to me anymore. One of our mutual friends that I am still really close w/ says that its about what happened years ago. If we never made up I would get it but we did and she was in my wedding for crying out loud. Our mutual friend says she is not the same person. : /
    lovinlifemommy

Comment by lovinlifemommy (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It's good to keep in touch with family and friends. It's good for short time entertainment with FB games. However, it has a lot of issues, a lot of bugs, a lot of errors and problems .. So it can be a bother.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2010