Has any one made or tried a melted ice cream cake?

Looking for something different for my kids birthday cake. With this you use a regular cake mix, add 2 cups of your choice of melted ice cream, 3 large eggs and bake. Then a marshmallow icing.
What do you think? If someone's tasted it before and it was nasty I don't want to make it for friends to gag on!!!

jax3

Asked by jax3 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I was unsure of the cake mix added in so I made a graham cracker crust and then spread softened ice cream inside and then refroze it. The graham cracker crust was difficult to cut but everyone enjoyed it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That sounds good! I may have to try it. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You could always make a small melted ice cream cake, for the kids and a separate cake for the adults. Just reading through your description it sounds REALLY sweet, which of course kids tend to LOVE but adults tend not to as much. Or you could always do the "practice cake" ahead of time to see if you guys like it.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Never had it, as far as I know - but I love baking and I'll definitely try it out sometime - my kids will eat anything cake, lol!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have and I love it
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010