Bouncer vs. swing.

I am registering for my baby shower and want to know if a baby bouncer (like the boppy ones) are better than swings for newborns. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have one of both, and at different stages she liked both equally. As a brand new newborn she was terrified of her swing and screamed if she was in it, but loved her little Boppy vibrating seat. At around 2 months she really fell in love with her swing and had grown out of her Boppy seat.

Soooo, really, its kinda toss up, at least for me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My baby likes both.... and it depends on his mood which he would rather be in at the time. But for a newborn, I think a swing would work best... but they don't stay that little long!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My DD LOVED her swing, It would calm her down and put her to sleep when nothing else would. It placed music, had lights and a mobile that really moved. Her swing would hold a child up to 20 pounds, so she can't use it anymore, but she was able to use it for almost 9.5 months (she's a big baby...lol)
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 4:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i recommend going for practical items. a swing is great but honestly they can only use them for a short amount of time, and theres the chance your child may hate it. i went for this one thing that is good for newborns through toddlers. its a little rocker that is like a bouncy and it converts to a toddler chair. the thing is great and its very practical. so i recommend going for things that will give you longevity, after all they do grow so quick!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son absolutely hated his bouncer he screamed the entire time he was in it but he loved his swing.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Go for both. Kids are all different. My son loves both of them. When he was littler I didnt like putting him in his swing but when I put him in his bouncer, he would go right to sleep. Now he loves his swing and tries to get out of his bouncer and he is only 6 months old.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I never use our swing, and only use the bouncer when I take a shower.. I dont much prefer to stick my child in a seat and leave her be, so I rarely use them. They take up space and ruin children, try buying a wrap or a snuggli or sling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008