Who has been on a Carnival cruise with a young child?

Did you take part in Camp Carnival? Was there plenty to do with your child? Did he/she have their own suitcase or did you just pack their stuff in with yours?

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 9:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Travel

• you can pack either way you are more comfortable with. these days of charging so much for baggage I would put the stuff in with mine if I could. If money is not an object, pack another bag. You need to save room for souvenirs anyway. The kids always have had a ball in the camp carnival www.cruisecritic.com has LOTS of answers for first time cruisers, and seasoned ones too!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We'll be there next week and I plan on using the camp carnival- I believe it's free and my 8 year old loves that kinda stuff. I'll also be packing some books, art supplies and his leapster.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Skittles- I do not recomend the art supplies you won't need them! Yes it is free until 10 at night, then they carge to "babysit"Check on the website.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We've cruised before but not with our son. We're leaving at the end of next month and I'm looking forward to it a lot! I don't anticipate him being at Camp Carnival too much but he loves to socialize so I'm sure he'll go once or twice...especially on our day at sea.

We're driving down so luggage costs aren't an issue but thanks for reminding me to leave space for souvenirs!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010