Anyone see If you really knew me on MTV?

A group goes into High School's that are having issues with bullying, racism, gangs, etc..and have a "challenge day"

Its pretty interesting...

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YES I loved it. I think they should start teaching classes on that and have it at every high school at the beginning of each year.

Make it mandatory and give an extra credit or something! Wonderful learning experience, maybe it would help some of our schools issues!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I've seen a couple of episodes because it's on after 'Teen Mom'. It's an okay concept but honestly, I'd bet 97% of those kids go back to the bullying about a month (if that) after the show.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think a lot probably do go back but for the ones who it really influenced, it might make a huge difference in their lives. And if it was done yearly then it might sink in more!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have only seen one episode. I think it is a great thing they are trying to do. The children on there though... I don't even know where to start.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, but if it comes on, I'll DVR it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes. I love that show.. It makes me cry.. LOL.. If it helps only a small group of people per school to change the way they are living the better.. Even if bullying returns, people have a better knowledge of what is going on around them.. My fear would be Id open up about something & then Id be taunted about it down the road. KWIM?

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

I want to see an AFTER show...2-4 years after the program...but its been around since 1987 so Im thinking they must have had SOME success,,,

I like listening to the TEENS because they dont sugarcoat and lie..they just SAY it!

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The first episode was interesting, The racism part on the football team...and how the one kid said its kinda tradition and didn't think it COULD change....and even though he didnt like it , he went along with it..and in the end they had their football team meeting where they addressed it...One of the most HONES talks about race I've seen on tv

The young poeple who talked about being suicidal and cutters...so sad!

and the gay kid

and the boy who's Dad was a coach there...that was awesome!

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The cutter was sad, but come on really for no reason, she didn't say why she was doing it, I use to cut to but there was reason behind sorry to sound... idk inconsideration but if you are cutting your self just because then the only reason I feel bad for you is because you are stupid. Or the girl who was crying because she was rich or something, some of it was plain dumb and sounded a bit made up.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010