Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is there any assistance for people who need to get their water turned on and can't afford it?

I found a new place to rent and I am moving this weekend. I thought I had enough money to get the water turned on but I don't. They charge $215 for a deposit no matter who you are! There isn't a credit check and I have bad credit... it's just the general deposit.

I already asked them if they would put the deposit on the first months bill and they don't.

I don't know what to do.

I thought I would have enough on my paycheck but I don't. :(


Asked by Memigen at 10:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 27 (30,799 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I really have no idea, but I would check with Salvation Army. I've heard of them giving one time help in situations similar. Also, call your local DHS office, or whatever it is in your area that deals with welfare. I've heard of one time energy assistance type things even for people that do not qualify for any state services so you never know. Did you ask the water people? Seems like they'd know if there were any programs to help. Good luck!

    Answer by Jessica157 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • your county resource department might have some kind of assistance... like your dhs office.

    Answer by anabele at 10:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Check local charities, call your welfare dept, or the dept of public utilities for help, good luck.

    Answer by salexander at 10:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I called the DFACS office, they told me to call United Way, who told me to call Ninth District who says they can't help me and that they aren't allowed to help with water bills. :(

    Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2010