Do you attend church?

If so, what denomination/religion?
Do you take your child(ren)?
How involved are you?

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 10:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I attend church and have for years, since I was a child. I take my 3 kids and dh comes as well (when he's not working). I am volunteer in the children's ministry, nursrey and children's church. I also take on a lot of the cooking jobs for different events like the christmas dinner and other food services. I am currently involved with the ladies ministry and bible studies. I am looking to get involved in creating other ministries in the church. We also have a food ministry preparing meals for families in need in the church and I make and deliver some of those meals.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Not since my mom lost the ability to force me to go. I only set foot in church for weddings and funerals (and my own wedding was outdoors, NOT officiated by a religious official). I had enough of that shit to last a few lifetimes.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Occasionally I attend a Unitarian Universalist church.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, I haven't been to church since I was a little kid. I do consider myself a Lutheran though:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I used to be very involved in my church. I taught Vacation Bible School, I was in choir, I helped out at youth group. At least, I was until they asked me not to bring my autistic child to church anymore. HOwever, I was asked to continue to bring him to Sunday School as they were hoping that particular teacher would quit. My child was not violent in church, but he could make noises. I guess not all of God's children are welcome.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes

what denomination/religion? non-denominational church

Do you take your child(ren)? yes, my dd actually enjoys going she loves the music and always dances

How involved are you?I'm pretty involved. but my church is VERY VERY VERY small. there's only 7 ppl that go
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was going every Sunday with all my kids & we stopped because we wer driving 40 minutes to my church I went to as a child, so now we are trying to find one closer.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes..we're a divided house denomination-wise, though both xtian.
    yes, of course our 5yo goes with us.
    we just moved to a new town in june, so as of yet, we're not involved in anything.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No. I haven't went to church since I was a kid except for a wedding. My own was done first by a judge then the actual wedding was in a community center with my BIL doing the ceremony. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Nature is the only Church I have... But No, I haven't been to a Christian Church in years, and it was for a funeral. I didn't have kids the last time I went and it wasn't for religious reasons so there was no involvement... I also do not involve my kids in my religious beliefs & practices, but I am very involved in my own beliefs - I just don't need a brick and mortar church to have an outstanding relationship with my Gods.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2010