How can I stop my hair from puffing out when I dry it?

It puffs out if I let it dry by itself or if I blowdry it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• try a hair serum.. the john freida collection has a good hair serum tha ti love garnier fructice sp? does also.. it will tame it a little bit and it smells good and it makes your hair soft strong and shiny
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I use the Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel. It doesn't stop ALL frizz, but it's a cheap alternative to John Frieda, which can be expensive for such a small amount...unless you're able to pay for stuff like that, whatever. I notice a huge difference when I don't use it opposed to when I do, though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Invest in a good quality product. Blow dry your hair 90% dry before you even pick up the brush. Use a round brush with a concentrator attached to guide the hair in the direction you want it to go. Once the hair is heated around the brush, use your cool shot button. Using the cool shot to cool the hair relocks the disulfide bonds in your hair, heat and water break the bonds. Also using the cool shot with the air pointed in the direction of hair growth closes the cuticle to give you hair more shine. It really sounds like you need a product like Redken's Outshine. It's an anti frizz polishing milk. Maybe your hair has a natural curl or wave...try going with it. Have a stylist show you how to wear your hair curly. I don't think I can type anymore...good luck!
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've got naturally wavy-curly hair, and I also recently moved from Michigan to Louisiana (and the humidity does NOT help). The only way my hair doesn't puff is if I use a smoothing serum (I like Garnier Fructis Sleek 'n' Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream), blow-dry it (doesn't matter if you use a brush or not), but then you HAVE to flat-iron it. And use a glosser on it afterwards to smooth down flyaways and such. There's really no other way to get the smoothness to last.
    If you want to leave it CURLY and non-poofy... Towel-dry it, then use a curl-friendly mousse or gel. Comb though hair, shake your head all around to separate the strands, and then scrunch from the bottom-up with your hands into waves and curls.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• BIOSILK....best product out there. U can find it at Target or Costco and beauty salons...
    MCD3

Answer by MCD3 at 4:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2008