Ever want to just strangle someone for their stupidity? Vent

I have an aunt that works at a job where she only gets 25 hr/wk MAX. She is constantly calling in for such stupid reasons! this week its because she has seasonal allergies.....Yep,apparently she can't just pop a Claritin and head out the door. She was at the doctor yesterday begging for a 'can't return to work until" slip from the doctor.
She's single,has taken it upon herself to pay for everything for her 21 yr old daughter and her daughter's 3 mo old baby.Her daughter refuses to work. Those 2 had to move in with my mom to make ends meet. Shit rolls downhill. My aunt can't afford something,my mom pays for it,my mom can't afford something,guess who's next in line? Yep,me! Yet no one sees the problem with this scenario. I have my own life,I shouldn't be paying for theirs!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• What a crock. Tell your mom that she needs to get a back bone. Ok I am sorry that won't help. I don't know what to tell you but at some point you have to say ENOUGH and stop. My husbands sister got her self into some trouble and her family dh included just said you need to support your self. So she just stopped paying her mortgage and is about to get evicted. Deep sigh, what will she do then?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Wow, you got a love a house full of enablers.... Run... away... as fast as you can....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, you shouldn't be paying for their disfunction. Put your foot down and hopefully after a bit of a struggle, they will come to their senses. But I do realize it is your mom and that would be very hard to say no to help her.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Then don't. My mom was trying to get money from me to pay for my brother's care packages while he's in jail because it came down to $40 for him to have snacks or use the $40 for groceries for her house. So, she asks me to either buy her some groceries or pay for the care package. I just told her to make a choice, snacks for her 23 year old in jail for the SEVENTH time or food for her 9 year old. Very aggravating!
    Trust me, as long as you pay their way, the more they'll ask. It's is SO hard to say no, especially to your mom, but once it's done, and those two or three days of not talking pass, it gets way better. :-)
    Good luck.
    And, yeah, I know you didn't ask for advice. Sorry if it bugs you that I gave some. :-)
    Just letting you know that you aren't alone in it and just saying what I did that helped.
    I hope everything works out for you.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Many times!!

Answer by older at 10:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, I have a family member I want to strangle! This person takes, lies, steals, begs, to get what they want from my mother. My mother being who she is can't say no to this person. It pi$$ses off my whole family! We tell her to put her foot down but when she tries this person lays a guilt trip from hell on my mother and makes her feel bad so than she gives in! So yes, I want to strangle this person so bad!!! What kind of job does your aunt have that pays 25 and hour, I'll take her job for her!!
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It would feel so good to slap stupidity in the face.

I wouldn't pay for anything and I would be talking to my mother about what's going on and that she needs to make them move out and stop mooching off of her.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would say "too bad, so sad, not my problem!!" Seriously! What is she going to do if you DON'T give her money!? And the 21 year old...she needs to get off her butt and WORK--2, 3, 4 jobs if she has to!!

My side of the family is like that...they ALWAYS had their hands out lookign for some of my hard-earned money! I haven't seen or spoken to any of them in more than 10 years! I give plenty to charity, but I refuse to support lazy, able bodied people who CHOOSE not to work!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, daily.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I feel that way a lot. But you should not have to pay for anything for your aunt, her daughter or grandchild.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2010