simple exercises too...??

ok, i need some simple exercises to flatten and de-jiggle my tummy, de-jiggle and firm my arm, and de-jiggle and tone my inner thigh... i dont have a gym membership and cant afford one at the moment, i dont have access to weights or exercise machines/videos for now since i have to many bills to pay and im behind. So please give me some simple exercises that can help, im obese now, and want to tone up and get thin again

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Losing weight will be a good start. For the tummy, try curls. Lie on your back, press your lower back to the floor, knees bent and feet on the floor. Lift your head up and look at your tummy- you should feel the abdominal muscles tighten. Do this several times then you can also lift your shoulders. For the arms, you don't need to buy weights. You can hold water bottles or canned goods, even putting them in a knee sock if you need more weight. A classic exercise for under the arm is to lift the arm up, holding a weight, point your palm forward, and bend and straighten. Inner thigh, lie on your side, you can tie your weighted sock around your ankle, lift the bottom leg up to the ceiling, slowly lower. All of these are done slowly, and all at your own risk, of course. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• well you can do lunges and jumping jacks those are good also squats.. leg lifts the list goes on and on. but remember one thing fat turns into muscle so be careful if you dont want to bulk up. i have that problem i always want to just tone up but then i get heavier because i gain muscle mass lol but i do suggest you buy an abs ball when you can :] its this all that has handles and they come in different weights omg does this work wonders there are so many things that you can do with it and its a great toning up item to have. :]
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'd start with walking if your ultimate goal is to get smaller and weigh less, toning alone is not going to do that for you. The only way to really de-jiggle is to work it off. Water aerobics may be great for you too. You said you can't afford the gym but call the local pool and see what they have, it could be in your price range. Or even just fitting a swim in once a week on top of regular walks.

As far as easy at home toning things I try to fit in to my busy life, I do squats and lunges anytime I head up the stairs. LOL Push ups against the wall, I have hand weights I picked up cheap at Walmart. You may even be able to find some of those at a thrift store. Work out balls are awesome for toning. Good luck!
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had the same issues when I had my daughter (I've always been tall and super-thin, so having extra weight was something I didn't know how to deal with); to top it all off I'd just quit smoking too. Well, hubby and I went on Craigslist and bought me a TotalGym (that exercise machine Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley sell) for $40 that someone was selling. I use it 3-5 times a week and I gotta say, I look pretty damn good! I've kept the extra weight, but turned it into muscle rather than "jiggle"; hell I've even got boobs and a butt now! Get one of those - they fold up and fit into a corner or under the bed. :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010