What's important in electing a President

My 15-year-old said she's glad she's not old enough to vote, but we're watching together so she can learn. What would you tell your child about how to pick the right person?

WD40

Asked by WD40 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I never berate someone for who they choose because I believe we all have a right to vote. I would tell her to vote for someone that she feels the same way as her about ideas that are important to her. I would also stress that the right to vote was something that women fought for so she should never take it lightly and always cast her vote! Its great that she is interested!!!
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 4:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think looking at the person' s character and what they are saying and what actions they have taken and comparing the both is important. When Obama talks about wanting to help the middle class, the Disabled Veterans, Children with Special Needs, Autism and other funding for childhood diseases. I believe him. I can see and fact check that he has worked on so much and has continued to work on the legislation. When I check McCain's history and facts, he has not. He is cutting funding and continues to. It's all there. If you want to see the comparison, then visit my recent journal post it gives all the details.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 9:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008